Home Page: Meeting Minutes
April 11, 2022 Town Plan Commission Meeting
Town of Dewey
Town Plan Commission
Dewey Town Hall
Monday April 11, 2022, 3:30 p.m.
1) Meeting was called to order at 3:30 pm and Kathy led the Pledge of Allegiance
2) Public notice was given.
Roll call was taken:
Present: Kathy Girolamo, Doug Evica, Rhonda Hollfelder, and Sandy Meis.
3) Discussion/Action on the minutes from the meeting of July 20, 2021
Motion by Doug Evica and seconded by Rhonda Holfelder to approve as written.
Motion carried 4-0
4) Correspondences - None
5) Review/Discussion/Possible Action for recommendations on the following existing and new Town of Dewey Ordinances that the Town Board has been reviewing, reorganizing, and updating:
a) Existing Plan Commission Ordinance (No.17) that defines its structure and duties.
Reviewed Ordinance No.17 and these are the following changes:
1) Kathy will contact Planning and Zoning to determine why we are a commission (authority to enact laws) instead of a committee (no authority to enact laws).
2) We will include an agenda item on the next meeting to discuss creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the Planning Commission.
3) Section 2 – Authority – The town board of the Town of Dewey has been authorized by the Town Meeting under sec. 60.10(2)(c), Wis Stats, to exercise village powers and the town has a population of less than 2,500, according to the most recent regular federal census.
Maurice will also contact the Wisconsin Towns Association (WTA) to confirm if we should continue to use 62.23 as the statue for towns.
4) Section 3- Adoption of Ordinance – The town board of the Town of Dewey has, by adoption of this ordinance, confirmed the specific statutory authority, powers and duties noted above in Chapter 60, Wis. Stats. As noted, the specific statutory authorities, powers and duties in the sections of this ordinance has established: the power to establish this commission; the power to retain or appoint the members; the power to remove the members of the commission; the power to establish the powers and duties of the commission. The power to compensate the commission members and the power to terminate the commission.
5) Section 5 – Qualifications – Commission members shall be full time residents (reside more than 6 months out of the year in the town), and be eligible to vote in the town.
6) Section 7 – Terms of Office – remove number 1 initial terms and just have item 2 without numbering.
7) Section 9 – Rules and Records – remove everything from: This ordinance shall require the following and all the bullet points. The bullet points will be written as a Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
8) Section 10 – Experts – Maurice will contact the WTA to determine if 62.23(1) is the correct statue.
9) Section 11 – Chairperson and Officers
(1) Chairperson – The Plan Commission Chairperson shall be appointed and serve a term as provided in sections 6 and 7 of this ordinance. The chairperson shall, subject to town ordinances and commission rules:
a. Provide leadership to the Commission;
b. Set meeting and hearing dates and agendas;
c. Preside at the Commission meetings and hearings;
d. Ensure that the Laws and the Ordinance are followed;
e. Forward the draft minutes and additional information and correspondences to the Town Clerk and the Town Chairperson along with Planning Commission members as appropriate.
(2) Secretary – The Plan Commission shall have one of their members serve as secretary. This may be done by the Co-Chairperson or another volunteer in the absence of the Co-chairperson or when the Co-Chairperson acts as the Chairperson. The secretary shall:
a. Take the minutes of the meetings or hearings;
b. Record meeting attendees (roll call);
c. Record all motions, seconds, along with the vote on all issues brought forward;
d. Forward the draft minutes to the Plan Commission Chairperson for review.
10) Section 12 – Commission Powers and Duties – Maurice will confirm with the WTA if we should continue to use 62.23 state statue.
11) Section 13 – Compensation – The Town Board of the Town of Dewey hereby sets a per diem allowance per meeting, as allowed under sec. 66.0501(2), Wis Stats. In addition, the Town Board may reimburse reasonable costs and expenses, as allowed under sec 60.321, Wis Stats.
12) Section 14 – Severability – The provisions of this ordinance shall be deemed severable and it is expressly declared that the Town would have passed the other provisions of this ordinance irrespective of whether or not one or more provisions may be declared invalid. If any provision of this ordinance or the application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the remainder of the ordinance and the application of such provisions to other persons or circumstances shall not be affected.
b) New Short Term Rentals Ordinance that may need licensing and including “reasonable” conditions for their use.
c) Existing Subdivision Ordinance conversion to a new “Land Division” Ordinance.
6) Next Meeting scheduled: May 16th 3:30 pm
7) Meeting adjourned 5:38 pm
Please be advised that a quorum of Town Board members may be present at this meeting
October 20, 2022 Town Plan Commission Meeting
October 5, 2022 Town Board Meeting
September 26, 2022 Town Plan Commission Meeting
September 21, 2022 Town Board Meeting
August 17, 2022 Town Board Meeting
July 27, 2022 Town Board Meeting
July 20, 2022 Town Board Meeting
July 9, 2022 Town Board Meeting
June 15, 2022 Town Board Meeting
May 28, 2022 Town Board Meeting