Home Page: Agendas
April 13, 2016 Agenda - Town Plan Commission
Town of Dewey
Town Plan Commission
5:00 pm Site Visit followed by Meeting at Dewey Town Hall
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
1) Site visit at Katlyn Platta’s residence at 2569 Co Rd Y, Stevens
Point, WI 54482 regarding special exception request made during the March 23rd Town Plan Commission meeting.
2) Meeting at Dewey Town Hall immediately following site visit (travel
3) Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance
4) Verify Open Meeting Notices
5) Minutes from the meeting of March 23rd 2016 reviewed.
6) Continue Review/Discussion regarding Katlyn Platta request for a special exception to legally operate a commercial dog kennel on parcel number 014-25-0836-13.03. The portion of this parcel currently being used to kennel dogs and her residence is zoned A4, and zoned Conservancy on the north and southeast corner of this 6.13-acre parcel.
a.Discussion/Action on recommendation to the Town of Dewey Board on the request for the special exception to A4 zoning to allow, with agreed upon limitations to help avoid conflicts with neighbors and the protection of natural areas, for the operation of a commercial dog kennel (for breeding, raising and selling of one breed of dog) by Ms. Platta on parcel number 014-25-0836-13.03.
Consideration of our current Comprehensive Plan was made in this recommendation with the following proposed limitations (not limited to):
i. Addressing and resolving neighbors concerns of barking dogs
(agreement by Ms. Platta to use “anti-bark collars” on all dogs);
ii. Protection of natural areas (agreement by Ms. Platta to remove dog
waste from premises to her father’s farm);
iii. The placement of proposed play yard and 14’x10’ lean-to that would
meet current zoning requirements;
iv. The maximum number of dogs to be 20 at any given time;
v. Adequate controls to contain dogs on property;
vi. Meeting applicable Local, County, State and Federal requirements;
vii. Limiting this special exception to Ms. Platta as long as she
resides on this property and meeting the above criteria.
Please be advised that a quorum of Town Board members may be present at this meeting
March 15, 2023 Town Board Meeting Agenda
March 8, 2023 Town Board Meeting Agenda
February 15, 2023 Town Board Meeting Agenda
January 18, 2023 Town Board Meeting Agenda
January 11, 2023 Town Board Meeting Agenda
January 9, 2023 Town Plan Commission Meeting
December 20, 2022 Town Board Meeting Agenda
November 16, 2022 Public Hearing/Special Meeting of the Electors
November 16, 2022 Town Board Meeting Agenda
November 15, 2022 Town Plan Commission Meeting
View all from: 2023 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 1969